Thursday, June 12, 2008

How full is your bucket?

By the title above, you would think I have something like 13 sons. Well, truth be told, I only have 4. They are ranging from 9 years to 18 months old, and I love it. They are wild, they are crazy, they are loud. They wrestle almost as often as they breathe. They are adventurous, they talk constantly, and they are so cuddly with me and my husband. It is a good life.

I think the term "bucketloads" is interesting. Your bucket can be full to bursting, and still only be half the amount of my bucket. And my bucket might look like a thimble compared to someone else's. What it boils down to, for me, is I am floating alone in a vast bucket of testosterone, the lone estrogen bearer in my family. I live with 5 men, and while it is a blessed life beyond belief, I definitely feel that my testosterone-filled bucket is about the size of Lake Erie.

So, encouraged by two parents of mine who are turning into darn good bloggers, I thought I would find a place to post my own thoughts. My thoughts on mothering, marriage, Christianity, and anything else that fills up my "pretty little head", as my husband would say. All things girly, all things touchy-feely, all the things I can't talk to my men about very easily. I may be the only one who reads this. That would be okay. At least I have a pink place to be a girl. Even if it is only virtual, the most important thing is this: It is PINK. Boys are invited to come by, but if you drip any testosterone on the pink decor, you're out of here!!!

3 comments:

NicholeSW said...

I love it! I promise to drip no testosteronies anywhere! LOL
I've been thinking about starting my own blog too...

May D. Cember said...

Holy smokes - I'm one of those "parent" aren't I? Now I'm really teary. I love you...

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I didn't know it was pink. Thanks for telling me. Also, thanks for being the cool woman that you are.