Monday, August 25, 2008

A Nauseous Mommy

I wish to begin this post with this emphatic statement: I am glad and thankful that I am pregnant. I thank the Lord each day, and I am grateful that we have a chance to see another little one come into the world to amaze us daily. Nothing I am going to say makes this not true. Okay, here goes the rest.

Being a mommy, and a homeschooling, working mommy at that, takes many things. It takes good planning, energy, and a certain amount of finess to get it all done. When one of these things is missing, it just seems to all go a bit wrong. If one of these things is missing, and you add nausea to it, it becomes, well, really challenging!

I don't know if I have forgotten how tiring the first trimester is, how exhausting, how GREEN, but it is really kicking my tail. At least today it is! I am still teaching, working, shopping, cleaning, etc., but I am also gagging, shivering, and saying "Boys, stop talking about that. You are going to make mommy puke." I say this a lot, come to think of it. It is amazing how many gut churning conversations can be had by 4 little boys. I am also making time every day, usually during the baby's nap, to sleep as long and hard as I can.

I had a great nap today. Now I am awake and wishing that I wasn't. I am so nauseous that I wonder if I will live through it. I know that I will, but, ugh. No fun.

The odd thing about nausea is that when it isn't here, I worry. I think, what if something has happened to the baby? When it is, I think, okay, I am glad that I have it, but I am going to die here! Nausea, you can't live with it, etc., etc.

I wish that I could do what I have done in the past. Decide that the only thing that will make me feel better is a box of Little Debbies, and then just go get some. But no, I am too financially responsible for that. Well, at least too responsible to do that very often! Truth be told, the Oatmeal Creme Pies I ate earlier this week really didn't stop the nausea. Bummer.

Maybe I need to try Swiss Cake Rolls!

No comments: